Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Real Bloggers of BlogHer

The first business card I made for PinkyonthePulse.com had my title listed as Lynne Gullo, Blogger. Perhaps, I was a bit optimistic. I always "fancied" myself as a writer, even though my brother Jim is the professional writer in the family. I "fancied" myself as a guitar player too. While I did play guitar in a Go-Go's cover band, our lifespan was very short and after many years of lessons I never really improved. There were golf lessons with similar results. So far I have had the sense not to have business cards made with "Musician" or "Golfer" on them. 

Blogging has been my self-imposed drought lately. Every month I vow to get more words on the page and end up like a college student pulling an all-nighter to get my paper written before the stroke of midnight. Hence my July 31 post date.


So in the spirit of BlogHer, a recent conference held in San Jose (I did not attend), I'm going to share with you some blogs by women who are doing it right. These are women I met through my American Idol #IdolTweethearts experience who are active bloggers. They are the real pros and I continue to learn tons from them. You really should check out and follow these ladies. They are both terrific and prolific! 


Stacey Nerdin  

http://www.thesceniclife.com
Twitter: @staceynerdin
Blogger, reader, pop culture junkie. Content Marketer for small agency. Mom of 5 (Kinder to college). Lover of iPhone, naps, and my DVR. But especially naps.

Mary Burt-Godwin 

http://www.mamamaryshow.com
Twitter: @mamamaryshow 
Host Vlogger & Blogger, Ask the Mom panelist @Fox5SanDiego, columnist for @TodaysMama, Author of DeadDadsClub.com

Elizabeth Esther

Site: www.elizabethesther.com
Twitter: @elizabethesther
Blogger, Author of "Girl at the End of the World" (published March 2014), Mother of 5, Unabashed bookworm, lover of rescue dogs, rainy days & long walks by the ocean. Heart healer. ENFP.

Elizabeth Traub
Twitter: @elizabethtraub
Chatty,wife,mom of 5, Brand Strategist, Social Producer & Marketing Direction.Taking your offline marketing campaign & building online. #SavvySocialTip

Emily Hill
Twitter: @Emihill
Social media-loving, Diet Coke-drinking, triathlon-racing, dessert-eating, copywriting mother of four. And I do it all in heels.

Kellie McAnulty
Site: www.herthoughtsaboutit.com
Twitter: @razorbackgirl
Social Media/ Graphic Designer. Loves husband/music/Razorbacks/Mike Trout/NYY/ARod/Cowboys!

Meg Hodson
Twitter: @happykidsinc
Writer, Blogger, Social Media Maven/Addict/Marketer, Event Marketer. There's no H in wine

Nina Radetich
Former News Anchor/Founder of NR New Media, a Social Media Marketing Agency in Las Vegas/Wife/Mom/Former Triathlete/Coffee Addict/Fitness Fanatic

Theresa Santoro
Site: www.TheFineArtofParenting.com
Twitter: @Parentingtip2go
Parenting Expert, Child & Family Advocate, Supporter of Education & the Arts

Jessica Benton
www.ThatTechChick.com
Twitter: @ThatTechChick
Blogger addicted to all things tech & beauty. Also a mom, wife, and more! And yesy, I tweet about it all!

Then there's me:
Lynne Gullo
Site: www.pinkyonthepulse.com
Twitter: @pinkypulse
Ink.Paper.Tweet. Blog. Print and Pop Culture professional turned Social Media Consultant. LinkedIn, Twitter, #SocialTV, Fun!

Happy Blogging!




No comments:

Post a Comment